Who We Are
The Oregon Solar Energy Industries Association is a trade association founded in 1981 to promote clean, renewable, solar technologies. OSEIA works with industry leaders, academic scholars, legislators, government, and non-profit agencies to advocate for solar technologies and raise awareness of its potential to help secure an affordable, reliable, and clean energy future.
What we do
OSEIA was founded in 1981 to:
• Promote the use of solar energy in Oregon
• Inform the public of the benefits of solar energy
• Serve as the central organizing association for Oregon’s solar energy professionals
• Establish and maintain a business code of conduct
• Sponsor legislation affecting solar energy in Oregon
OSEIA is the only trade association that exclusively serves the solar industry in Oregon. A member-driven non-profit, OSEIA represents a diverse constituency that includes manufacturers, residential and commercial installers, developers, professional service firms, utilities, educational institutions, labor unions, and advocates.
OSEIA aims to:
- present a unified and respected voice of the solar industry on policy and regulatory issues to promote the solar energy economy in Oregon and, when prudent, to exercise its influence beyond the state’s border
- organize events to satisfy the education, training, and networking needs of its members;
- gather and disseminate relevant information to educate policy makers, industry professionals and consumers on the benefits of a vibrant solar energy economy;
- promote its membership through events, marketing, and public relations
- maintain a high code of ethics and standard of quality among its members;
- partner with other organizations whose missions are in concert with its own.