was founded in 1981 to:
• Promote the use of solar energy in Oregon
• Inform the public of the benefits of solar energy
• Serve as the central organizing association for Oregon’s solar energy professionals
• Establish and maintain a business code of conduct
• Sponsor legislation affecting solar energy in Oregon
OSEIA supports a progressive legislative and regulatory structure that fosters the development of solar renewable technologies, their residential and commercial development, and the potential for utility scale production.
OSEIA promotes and advances solar energy utilization and commercialization through education and advocacy, ensuring that solar energy plays a significant role in Oregon’s renewable energy portfolio and making the Oregon solar energy industry competitive nationally.